It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!

Anybody that knows me knows that I love Christmas! Some have deemed me the Christmas Queen. If you ask me how it all began as far as my creativity and love for decorating Christmas will be a part of my answer. As a young girl I could not wait for the Holidays to roll around because I knew that not only was it a time of thanks and gathering with my family it was a time of beautiful bright color lights, snow and Christmas decorations.




I remember the day after Thanksgiving the first Christmas cartoon that television network would show was "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" which at that time wasn't one of my favorites but I watched it to get an early taste of Christmas before my favorites "A Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" would be shown on Tv. Decades later, now a Mother and Grandmother, I bought the  Mr. Magoo's Christmas DVD  and watch it frequently through the year even before the Christmas season begins and straight through the holidays. It's now  a classic to me and my favorite because it takes me back to my childhood where there was lots of joy, anticipation and excitement for Christmas. My parents made every Christmas so special for me that it rooted in me and further fueled my intense love for Christmas. As an adult the tradition of providing a Loving, Joyous Christmas for my family was passed on to me from my Mom. She has often said I have never seen anyone with a love for Christmas like you have.





Mom decorated for Christmas every year and believe me I love it but it just wasn't early enough so I would decorate my room with garlands and lights and a mini tree way before Mom would start decorating the house around the second week of December. When I got married and move out of the nest into my first home I was ready. I love the sight, sounds and smells of Christmas. When late October rolled around I was taking inventory so I could decorate on November 1st. Now decades later with three adult children and one tweener grandchild I have not skipped one beat decorating for Christmas. The only thing that has changed or shall I say increased is the borders that I decorate within my home and the time when I begin which is now mid October. I put so much into it that I need to start early because I am continuously pulling stuff out for weeks. Unlike my childhood where there was one tree present I put up several, right now presently I have three decorated and on display. In the early 90's I grew a love for country design and my Christmas displays expressed my love of Country Style. 


As the years past my spirit wasn't quite satisfied with expressing my creativity decorating wise and I began to decorate my house for each season and various other holidays throughout the year. In 2017 I formed Walk in Creativity and Catherine Rose Creations in order to share my creativity with the world and custom create pieces for others interested in my work. True, you have to have a certain eye when it comes to assembly and presentation when it comes to interior design and whatever I posses I thank God for. Over the years I have gotten many compliments which I humbly appreciate from any and everyone who has seen my decorating style and or work.




It's that time of year again. I type this entry here on my blog one week preceding Thanksgiving 2019. My home is all decorated and I am in full Christmas mode, LOL. Now it's just final preparations being made before my family, Lord willing, gathers at my house for food, fun and family time! I am truly blessed and so are you!



Thank you for stopping by,
Peace and Blessings,
Catherine Rose

P.S. I have a 2019 Christmas Home Tour on Youtube, if you would like to see it. Search Walk in Creativity on Youtube and there you will find it.

Comments