Surround Yourself With What Comforts You!

I was always taught to take pride in my surroundings. "No matter what you have or where you live, keep it clean" my mom would say. I always carried the attitude of taking care of what I had, things don't always come easy, waste not, want not. I still carry this way of thinking being an empty nester. Perhaps that is why I am so particular about and careful with my things. There is nothing wrong with taking a healthy level of pride in your accomplishments but never to the point to where you look down on others or mock them in comparison to yourself. You can create a beautiful space. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always say, "it's not necessarily the size or place where you live, it's what you make of it". You can't always control what is going on outside your door to a large degree but you can on the inside. It is your safe space, your place of personal, private comfort. It is amazing how what you surround yourself with weighs a lot on how you feel mentally and physically. I personally try to fill my spaces with things that make me smile and relax my mind and body being in it. We each have different things that take us to a place of relaxation and tranquility so start there. If plants do this for you fill your space with plants. If its a certain type of music, let it play. If pictures of rivers and oceans do this for you then fill your space with that, etc. I accept that I will more than likely never be a minimalist. Lol... I have learned to stage my spaces as clutter free as I can master it. When my space is in order and clean my mind seems to flow better. I accept that I might have just a tad bit of OCD, lol. I like to keep things in order for the most part and everything in it's place. I might not always pass this test but I try my hardest to. LOL... I like the feeling when I look around the room and everything flows in an artistic way, kind of like looking at a still picture. I know it's more difficult to do this with little ones among you and even pets that are like toddlers in a sense. I have been blessed to come to the part in my life where I have neither, the kids are all grown and out of the house. My fur baby is no longer with me so I just keep the memories of him. I  wont be replacing him. I repeat in saying,  "You don't have to break the bank to style your home. Take your time and build and add as you can. You will have fun in working toward the goal of completely making your space a special place of comfort mentally and physically. The prize is the end results and enjoying the fruit of your labor for days, months and years ahead, Lord willing. Weekends are my favorite, I just sit back, relax, breath in and out grateful for the week behind me and in hope of a new week ahead of me coming to fruition, and also the moments I am in at the present. My comfort zone is here by the Grace and Peace of God and my joy comes from Him in conjunction with the surroundings he has provided and allowing me to exist in, it what it is and I am truly grateful. 

Peace and Blessings,

Sherri

Comments