What is the definition of Home?
Your home is your space safe space, your sanctuary, your place of refuge. It's a place where you host events and family gatherings if you choose to. From the start it's your blank canvas to cultivate and create a space in which you can relax within and wind down from the outside world. It's customized to your liking. It might be viewed by others as a thumbs up or a thumbs down but all in all it's your creation within the walls you occupy.
Some like the minimal approach when it comes to decorating and some like the bold excessive approach but no matter which you choose it's your space to tailor just as you please. I am constantly changing and rearranging as much as I please to satisfy my decorating need. Limitation on space doesn't frighten me because I will cultivate each area within my home to fit what I want to be showcased at the time. I am currently cleaning out my storage unit and only grabbing as little as what I feel necessary to retain, the rest will be donated. I am training myself to use what I have and whatever my basement can't house between my decorating swaps I don't need to bring it back home with me. It took me a long time to get to this point, but I have totally arrived. Enough is enough, for me at least. I can't speak for others with unlimited storage space on the grounds they live on and or the funds to continuously grow their decor collection. To each his own. I am just no longer going to go that route when it comes to decorating and the ongoing management of serious overflow.Another way that will help me is to organize better what I have stored in my basement for easier access and theme creating. It's my fault over the years for not developing a better system and resorting to repurchasing instead of taking the time to locate that particular thing amongst my storage. It was just easier and less time consuming.
Right now, we are in August, the tail end of the summer season with Fall arriving next month. Christmas comes early in my home, so I give Fall some love during the month of August and a few weeks in September than it's on to preparing for my favorite holiday season.
I am currently restyling the wall my sofa rest on hoping to give it a more symmetrical look on either side of my sofa. It wasn't until I swapped out the sconces above my sofa yesterday that I realized I no longer liked the unbalanced look on the wall, so I relocated the mirror that was on the right side of the wall. When the decor pieces I ordered arrive tomorrow, I will try to assemble them to match the wall on the left side of my sofa. Meanwhile I turned the mirror horizontally and hung it above the sofa. Mirrors reflect light and make a space appear larger than it is in some ways.
I removed the summer nautical theme off my coffee table that sits in front of the sofa and gave it a Fall look as well as the towers, side tables and bench in my living room. My dining room is also complete. I haven't given Fall this much love in a long time and I must say it is very gratifying to my spirit to include the look this year instead of going straight to Christmas from Summer. Those who know me know I love Christmas and sometimes the thrill to decorate takes over me rather early. LOL
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I hope you are inspired. A Full video is available on my YouTube channel with the same name as my blog. I hope you will check it out as well. Have a wonderful weekend, stay safe and stay cool. We are beginning a heat wave today for the next 5 days so be careful out there.
Happy Decorating!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8IhWrOUW7Y&t=471s


Comments
Post a Comment