Labor Day: The Unofficial End of Summer!

Well we have finally come to the Labor day weekend. Summer went by in a blur almost. On the subject of time in conjunction with the fact that this is a home decorating blog. I was never a last minute person when it comes to  decorating be it seasonal or for a special occasion, if anything I am ahead of most especially when it comes to decorating for Christmas. I don't too much emphasis on spring, summer or fall decorating like I do for the Christmas season. This was the first year in a long time I went a little above the norm decorating for Fall. I have learned that time waits on no one, it moves swifter than we think. The early bird catches the worm which is why I tried to stay at the head of the line or as close as I can get to it because avid decorators are on the hunt just like I am. Although I have slowed down much on spending and even purged my inventory significantly in 2026. I am so happy to be riding myself on my storage unit and I hope I never have embark on renting another one for any reason especially not reacquiring another overflow of home decor, not happening.



We are at the tail end of Summer 2026 with only 17 days left until the Fall season begins. Labor day weekend is here and the kids have returned to school. The stores are full of Fall stuff and some Christmas decor is at Hobby Lobby on the shelves already. I see many influencers posting their decorate for Fall with me videos. I decorated for Fall on the tail end of July into the first week of August. Now that the BER months have begun Christmas will soon be filling up my home and when the time comes videos will be posted to my YouTube channel. With my recent rescue mission I was able to retrieve the rest of my santas and a few of my other items that I didn't have to decorate with last year because I could never find the time and energy to get to my storage unit to fund them. They are all here now, sadly everybody want be able to make an appearance this year because I don't have enough display space to put them all out. I donated a few of my display towers because I was trying to thin it out in my home which I did well. I have to be selective this year on what will make it out. Check me out a maximalist trying not to overcrowd her space. LOL Someone once told me that I was an organized maximalist. Lol I already made a mental note of where my holiday pieces will go. Its only a matter of time now when I will be sharing what I have done with you all for 2026 holiday decorating inspiration. 

Have a nice Labor Day weekend!

Happy Decorating!!!


P.S. Day to Day life often presents its challenges, heartache and disappointments. Faith in God is the only thing that keeps me going. I choose joy. You have to smile and remember who God is and that He will fight your battles for you if you give them to Him. I know I am not the only aware of the state of the world and all that is going on. I encourage you to pray and trust God in the midst of it all. Do what brings you joy and try to stay focused on not letting anyone or anything steal that joy from you. 


Comments